Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Rocky Horror Glee Show


Cast:
Brad…..Finn Hudson
Janet….Rachel Berry
Frankenfurter….Mercedes Jones
Rocky….Sam Evans/Will Schuester
Eddie…Dr. Carl
Dr. Scott…Artie Abrams
Columbia…..Tina Cohen-Chang/Britney S. Pierce
Magenta….Quinn Fabray/Santana Lopez
The Investigator (who is not seen in this prod.)….Sue Sylvester
So yesterday Glee did a tribute to Rocky Horror. I tried to watch the movie before this because I had never heard of Rocky Horror before. I loved all the songs. My favorites are “Time Warp” and “Damn It Janet”. I really want to go to a midnight screening of this movie because it seems like it would be really fun. People supposedly throw stuff at the screen and yell stuff.
Will found out that RH was Emma’s favorite movie and so he told her the Glee Club was coincidentally doing a production of that for the annual musical. It turns out he just used that to get close to her. Will’s plan backfired on him anyways. He told the club they were going to charge for admission and use the proceeds for their trip to Nationals. He ended up cancelling the production because he didn’t want to expose the kids to the risqué stuff in the movie.
 
Finn and Rachel in "Damn It Janet"

 Damn It Janet was really cute because it had my favorite couple Finn and Rachel. The only song that I didn’t enjoy much was Sweet Transvestite. Frankenfurter was going to be played by Mike Chang but his parents wouldn’t allow it. Will tried to get Uncle Jesse to do it, but he wanted to be Eddie more. Mercedes then volunteered to do it, because she wanted a lead role. It’s not much of a transvestite if the girl is already a biological girl. That was not my problem though. My problem was that her voice was not suited for the song. It was too high. The Time Warp was awesome. Kurt was brilliant as Riff-Raff and Quinn as Magenta. Britney and Tina took turns being Columbia. Brad and Janet were in Time Warp and Brad even sang. That wasn’t part of the original movie, but I enjoyed it anyways. I loved Artie’s part, “It’s just a little jump to left”. Touch-a-touch-a was nicely done by having Will and Emma do it. I thought it was going to be awkward because in the movie it’s Janet and Rocky.
Mercedes as Frakenfuter in "Sweet Transvestite"

In this episode, we see Finn’s body issues. He is very uncomfortable with his body because he doesn’t watch what he eats. He thinks it would be very tiresome to always watch what you ate. Sam on the other hand has no problem whatsoever with showing off his abs. He always watches what he eats and works out a lot. He feels really bad if he eats a hotdog or Doritos. Sam is able to convince Finn that he doesn’t need to do what Sam does to be sexy. Sam advises Finn to just be himself. Finn agrees and says he doesn’t need to “hide behind his abs to feel sexy” which Sam doesn’t know if that is an insult or a compliment. Finn decides to walk down the hallway in his actual “costume” for Brad: Brad’s glasses and just his underwear. Finn is mocked and given suspension for a month from Principal Figgins, which is lessened to a warning thanks to Mr. Shue.
I think Glee overall did a wonderful job on Rocky Horror. The costumes were awesome and so was the theatre set. The songs were also amazing except for the one I mentioned.
Kurt as Riff Raff

No comments:

Post a Comment