Friday, October 15, 2010

I love coffee!

I love coffee! I probably got that from my dad who is also in love with coffee. We recently got a really fancy expresso machine for making lattes and such. It's pretty great. Anytime we want coffee we can just and push a few button for one cup of coffee. We no longer have to worry about making a full pot of coffee each time. We once made steaming foamy mugs of hot cocoa using this big plastic container that we connected to the steamer part of machine. It tasted pretty good. We used Hershey's syrup since cocoa powder would have messed up the machine.

Caramel Macchiato

Before we got the fancy machine, I used to walk to the Starbucks that was next to our house. I always got Starbucks gift cards from the camp that I worked at as a counselor each summer. They would last me awhile because I didn't go there that often. There was also a used bookstore near Starbucks, so I could go and get my drink and then go to the bookstore. Both Starbucks and the bookstore have moved so I am unable to do that anymore. My favorite drink at Starbucks is the Caramel Macchiato. It's pretty good and doesn't have too much caramel. Their caramel frappachino is really really sweet. I think they put a whole lot more caramel into that one. My other favorite drink is a seasonal drink which is yet again a caramel drink. It's the Caramel Brûlée. You can't actually taste the caramel. I think it's the special syrup they use. They even sprinkle the top of the drink with Caramel Brûlée candy shavings. There is a facebook page to bring back this drink year round. They gave me a substitute idea though, just order a caramel latte with toffee nut syrup. All this coffee talk makes me REALLY want to go Starbucks now (even if they don't have the seasonal drinks out yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment