Thursday, November 4, 2010
Harry Potter is Awesome!!
My friend and I are going to the midnight premiere of the show. It's going to be epic. I'm glad they are splitting it up. It's quite sad that the last part of the 7th book is coming out next year. It must have been even more sad for the actors. That's 10 years of their life right there. I started reading Harry Potter after the 4th book. My brother had the first and the fourth. For some reason he didn't have the 2nd and 3rd which I got in India so they had British covers. I don't know why they have to switch the covers between US and UK. It's just pictures. Titles I could maybe understand. In England, the first book is called "Philosopher's Stone" while in the US it's called "Sorcerer's Stone". Apparently the publisher didn't think we would get what the title meant. The difference between Brit Eng and Am Eng is quite different. The HP Lexicon (the official "unofficial" (but official enough that JK herself calls it her second home) encyclopedia for all things Harry Potter) even has a Brit to Am dictionary for reference for any of the really British stuff said in Harry Potter. I remember going to the first movie with my friends. It was awesome. It was actually after the movie that I started reading the book series. Yes, that is probably strange considering my brother had the first book but whatever. The movies always seem to fall around my two friends birthdays in Nov and Dec except for that stupid time that they made us wait for the 5th or 6th movie because they wanted to release it in the summer. They had success from the Dark Knight or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment