Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rain

Rain can be a very soothing sound for some people. I know people who have nature cds and play the running water track to help them fall asleep. I kind of get why it can be soothing; I tried just closing my eyes and listening to the rain one day and found it kind of calming. The constant pit patter on your window can be hypnotic if you just continue to stare. I’ve never been one to ever need those nature sounds to actually fall asleep though.  I don’t mind the rain (if I’m not trying to have a party, like during graduation when it rained that whole week and it was always at 5 pm and not a minute before), well I don’t really like heavy downpour all that much. I don’t mind sprinkling. What I hate is thunder. It’s pretty scary, especially when close by. Lightening not so much, unless I’m outside then I freak out. If I get scared I turn on my radio and try to get lost in the music. I always think of The Sound of Music when it thunders and all the Von Trapp children all gather in someone’s room together and Julie Andrews sings “A Few of My Favorite Things”. I love that song. The Sound of Music is a great movie. When I was little, my mom used to come and check on me and my brother during the night to make sure we weren’t frightened. I used to go into my parents room if I got really really scared. Water is very powerful. It can can floods and damage people’s homes, but it is also the substance we need to survive. Plus most things are water soluble (meaning it can dissolve in it right? Because that is where I was going. I haven’t taken science in a while so I’m a bit rough with terminology).   

No comments:

Post a Comment